Check here each week for information to prepare your heart for the upcoming sermon and follow-up questions you can use after the sermon to dig deeper and disciple your family!
Love Exercises Patience and Kindness
Love Exercises Patience and Kindness – 1 Corinthians 13:4
Preparing your heart for the sermon:
- What is love? How does the world’s definition of love differ from the Bible’s?
- How does Paul portray love in vv4-7? What do you observe about his description?
- Has/is God patient and kind with you? In what ways?
Other passages to consider: Ex 34:5-8; Ps 103; Matt 18:21-35; Luke 10:25-27; Rom 2:4; 8:31-39; Eph 4:31-5:2; Titus 3:3-7; 1 Pet 2:20-25; 2 Pet 3:8-10
- How do we see Jesus model patience and kindness?
- What opportunities have you had today to exercise patience and kindness?
- How are we able to show patience and kindness? What can I do to help me grow in this area?
- Think of people around you who exercise patience and kindness. How does their behavior bring glory to God?