Check here each week for information to prepare your heart for the upcoming sermon and follow-up questions you can use after the sermon to dig deeper and disciple your family!
What is a spiritual person?
Sermon – What is a spiritual person? –
1 Corinthians 12:1-3
Preparing my heart for the sermon:
- What is true spirituality? How does the world miss the mark on this?
- In what ways is Christianity confused about true spirituality?
- How is the ministry of the Holy Spirit related to Christ?
Other passages to consider: Deut 11:13-21; Ps 115:1-11; Isa 41:22-42:9; Matt 7:21-27; John 15:26-16:15; Acts 2:36-41; 9:1-5; Rom 1:1-4; 1 Cor 8:4-6; 12:1-14:40; Eph 2:1-5; Titus 3:1-7; 1 John 4
- Why does the Bible say that no one can confess that Jesus is Lord without the Holy Spirit?
- Apart from Christ, we were all ignorant about spiritual things. In what ways was your ignorance manifested?
- How do vv1-3 prepare us for a discussion about spiritual gifts?
- What does it look like to follow Jesus as Lord? Can Jesus be your Savior without being your Lord?