Check here each week for information to prepare your heart for the upcoming sermon and follow-up questions you can use after the sermon to dig deeper and disciple your family!
Communion Calamity - 1 Corinthians 11:17-34
Preparing your heart for the sermon:
- How was the Corinthian church sinning in their celebration of the Lord’s Table?
- What does Paul mean in v20 that the Corinthians are not eating the Lord’s Table?
- Why did Christ institute the Lord’s Table?
Other passages to consider – Ex 12:1-28; 24:7-8; Ps 133; Isa 53; Jer 31:31-34; Mark 10:32-45; Luke 22:7-30; 1 Cor 10:14-22; Phil 2:1-11; Rev 19:6-10
- Why is the Lord’s Table meant to be a corporate celebration?
- How did the Corinthians’ behavior strike at the very heart of the intended purpose for the Lord’s Supper?
- We are told to examine ourselves before we take the Lord’s Supper. What should we be looking for?
- What steps can we take to ensure that God is glorified and the Body strengthened through our celebration of the Lord’s Table?