Check here each week for information to prepare your heart for the upcoming sermon and follow-up questions you can use after the sermon to dig deeper and disciple your family!
Seeking the Good of Others to the Glory of God
Sermon – Seeking the Good of Others to the Glory of God - 1 Corinthians 10:23-11:1
Preparing my heart for the sermon:
- Why does Paul quote Psalm 24:1 as support for eating meat?
- How do Paul’s instructions on when not to eat meat illustrate seeking the good of others?
- How did Jesus seek the good of others to the glory of God?
Other passages to consider – Ps 24:1-2; Isa 53:3-12; Mark 10:45; Rom 14:13-15:7; 1 Cor 6:12-13; 8:1-13; 9:19-23; 13:4-5; 2 Cor 8:9; Gal 5:13-14; Phil 2:3-11; 1 Tim 4:1-5
- In what ways can I regularly seek the good of others and not my own?
- How is God glorified by me seeking the good of others?
- How can I find the ability to daily die to self and serve others?
- Who are some Christ-like examples around me that I could pattern my life after?