Check here each week for information to prepare your heart for the upcoming sermon and follow-up questions you can use after the sermon to dig deeper and disciple your family!
Serve Christ Where God Has Placed You
Sermon – 1 Corinthians 7:17-24 – Serve Christ Where God Has Placed You
Preparing my heart for the sermon:
- Why does Paul bring up circumcision and slavery in a chapter on marriage? How does the point of this passage relate to what Paul has been saying about marriage and singleness?
- Think about how radical a statement v19 was for Paul, a Jew and former Pharisee, to make. (see also Gal 5:6)
- How should God’s sovereignty, wisdom, and goodness impact my attitude about my current situation?
Other passages to consider – Acts 17:24-26; Rom 8:28-29; 1 Cor 6:19-20; 9:17-23; 12:1-20; 2 Cor 4:5-6; Gal 3:27-29; Titus 2:11-1; 1 Pet 2:9-10;
- How can I serve Christ right now where God has placed me?
- What particular experiences or qualities has God given me that could be used to bring Him glory?
- Why does God make up the church with diverse people?
- How do I know when I should seek to change my situation?